Some examples of courses related to working with other cultures are:
– Working with Indians / Doing business with Indians
– Working with Russians / Doing business with Russians
– Working with Poles / Doing business with Poles
– Working with Lithuanians / Doing business with Lithuanians
– Working with Latvians / Doing business with Latvians
– Working with Ukrainians / Doing business with Ukrainians
– Working with Tanzanians / Doing business with Tanzanians
– Working with Filipinos / Doing business with Filipinos
– … etc.
We also conduct such courses for a wide range of other cultures not listed above.
These courses are suitable for people working – or planning to work – with members of other cultures. The participants will learn how to communicate and interpret the signals when interacting with members of this culture.
This cultural training will give you a practical insight into what is expected in the target culture – both in business and social settings. Most Norwegians are not aware of how different their own corporate and workplace culture is from the business culture in most other countries. It is therefore very important to be culturally aware and to understand that the Norwegian way of doing things will not always work outside of Norway.
Our courses offer participants a systematic presentation of the traits of the culture they are going to cooperate with, learning what they should be aware of, as well as simple techniques to achieve better results. The course has practical scenarios where the cultural differences will typically come to the surface, both for reflection and discussion in the group, before they get specific tips on how things can be done differently to achieve better results.
The course fee includes an electronic copy of the course material and free support after the course, where participants may contact us for advice regarding cultural issues they may have with members of the target culture.
Whilst the duration and content of the training may be tailored for each customer, below is our suggested format:
Goals of the course: